22 April 2008

i

I found this on a friend of a friend's blog. Here goes me.


i am: thrilled about the end of the school year and the chance to start being Leah and Mommy again instead of Mrs. Stevenson.

i think: my kids are not going to do very well on the AP Lang test because of my maternity absence last semester.

i know: a little about a lot.

i want: to play tennis.

i have: a house full of things (and people) I "always wanted" waiting for me at home.

i wish: that I was less self-involved.

i hate: being left out.

i miss: being a size 8.

i fear: only for my child(ren)'s safety, success and happiness - but I am always able to turn that fear into hope.

i feel: weightless from the amount of responsibility I'm shirking by writing this blog instead of grading research papers.

i hear: calm music, a locker slamming at the other end of the hall, the classroom next door watching a movie.

i smell: very little because I have a cold.

i crave: Christmas: the music, the lights, the chill, the merriment.

i search: for the balance of healthy, frugal and easy meals for my family.

i wonder: how other people really live in the privacy of their own homes.

i regret: my own insecurity.

i love: laughing with my husband.

i ache: to be a better, more well-rounded woman.

i care: about my students on a personal level.

i always: check my spelling.

i am not: consistent.

i believe: that prayers are answered.

i dance: in my car when I'm alone.

i sing: loudly in church, but rarely elsewhere.

i cry: at "maternal" moments in movies and tv shows now - even when I tell stories.

i don’t always: brush my teeth before bed.

i fight: with my husband about his video game addictions (which are currently better).

i write: story and craft ideas, drawings and grocery lists in a little purple notebook I got for Christmas from Claire.

i win: Scrabulous like mad.

i lose: everything: clothes, jewelry, books, credit cards.

i never: get there on time.

i confuse: who I am with what I've done.

i listen: proudly to pop music, boy bands and Broadway.

i can usually be found: voraciously reading something, even the cereal box.

i am scared: that my husband and I will perish and someone else will raise my child.

i need: affirmation.

i am happy about: the way these 7 1/2 years of marriage have turned out.

-lks

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hi Leah,

I found your blog through your friend Claire's and was shocked to see how closely your answers to this questionaire would have matched my wife's.

On the writing... start writing first and then revise to the inspiration, sometimes that helps.

On the singing, don't just reserve it to church, people rarely regret singing too loud.

- Leisure Girl's husband