13 October 2008

Hello, Thirty.

Hello, Thirty,

I didn't realize you would arrive so soon, and, to be honest, I wasn't looking forward to seeing you. Now that you're almost here, though, I'm delighted to admit that it's not a devastating thing. You see, Twenty was a bit selfish and Twenty-five was a bit pushy, and you, Thirty, seem to be the perfect blend of forgiveness and hope.

In honor of you, I will try to redeem the mistakes I've made with Twenty and Twenty-five. I hereby swear off the tanning bed and dieting, and, instead, commit to drinking only the good wine and making a real effort to get out for a walk once in a while.

Here's to you, Thirty.
Now let's not &%$ this up.

Kisses!
Leah

2 comments:

jmodum90 said...

My sister told me the last time she came up that she was terrified because she was almost thirty. I then dropped the bomb on her, since she was ten years older than I, that I was almost twenty. She paused, looked right at me, and said "Sh*t. My little brother's not little any more."

So that's new.

LeahKS said...

Aww, lil baby brother!